Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dollar Pizza in Astoria

Il Fornaio Dollar Pizza
Read the blackboard. It says "Pizza $1." The first time I saw that sign, I just kept walking. The next time I passed by, I saw the pizza in the window. To be honest, it didn't look wonderful, but what do you expect for a dollar? I continued to walk down the street until my curiosity got the better of me and I walked back and bought a slice. The slice was a decent size, larger than what one would expect for a dollar. It was very thin, not a bad thing. The dough wasn't the usual pizza dough. I didn't care for it too much, but it was OK. The cheese was glossy and slices as thin as one can imagine possible. There wasn't much sauce, just enough for flavor.

Dollar Pizza

How was this pizza? It was far from the best I've had. I ate a whole slice, though. It tasted like pizza and the slice was large enough to serve for a light lunch. Where else can one get lunch for a dollar?

No comments:

Post a Comment