Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butcher Bar

Butcher Bar  

Butcher Bar opened its doors on December 1, 2011, just in time to ring out the old year. It part butcher shop and part restaurant, one dedicated to meat. They cater as well. The restaurant area is the attractive wood paneled area in the front of the shop. Their menu is not extensive, but I found it difficult to make a choice. I ended up getting the beef brisket sandwich.

Brisket Sandwich at Butcher Bar

My friend ordered the Bob's Burger, a half-pound burger, a blend of brisket and smoked bacon. I don't recall what cheese is on the burger, but you are offered a choice. We split an order of sauteed string beans with bacon and onions. My friend said this was the best burger she every had and she's had burgers from some of the best burger places in NYC.

Bob's Burger at Butcher Bar

The "butcher's" burger is a different blend an 6 oz. rather than a half-pound. This would be more my size, but now I want to try the Bob's Burger. I'll have to go when I'm very hungry. Butcher Bar cooks what they sell and sells what they cook. They cook only a limited amount each day to ensure freshness. They never freeze anything.
 
Butcher Bar
37-08 30th Avenue
Astoria, NY
(718) 606-8140

No comments:

Post a Comment